Apricot-Cranberry Bread Pudding
6 cdiced sour dough french bread
1 qtwhole milk
1/2 cdiced dried apricots
1/3 cdiced dried cranberries
·pinch of salt
How to Make Apricot-Cranberry Bread Pudding
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 9 x 12 shallow glass baking dish.
- Sprinkle the diced bread over the bottom.
- Combine milk, cream, eggs, additional yolks, sugar, salt and vanilla. Mix well.
- Pour this mixture over the diced bread using a strainer.
- Sprinkle all the diced dried fruits evenly over the top.
- Place this baking dish into a larger pan filled halfway up the sides with water. Be careful when you move to the oven that none of the water washes over into your pudding mixture. Or you can pour the water into the empty pan as soon as placing both pans into the oven.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes.
- NOTE: Will not work or cook properly without the water bath step. Also do not substitue the bread wtih another bread. You can cut away some to the crust from the sour dough french bread if you feel like it has too much crust.