Apricot-Cranberry Bread Pudding
How to Make Apricot-Cranberry Bread Pudding
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Butter a 9 x 12 shallow glass baking dish.
- 3Sprinkle the diced bread over the bottom.
- 4Combine milk, cream, eggs, additional yolks, sugar, salt and vanilla. Mix well.
- 5Pour this mixture over the diced bread using a strainer.
- 6Sprinkle all the diced dried fruits evenly over the top.
- 7Place this baking dish into a larger pan filled halfway up the sides with water. Be careful when you move to the oven that none of the water washes over into your pudding mixture. Or you can pour the water into the empty pan as soon as placing both pans into the oven.
- 8Bake for 40 to 50 minutes.
- 9NOTE: Will not work or cook properly without the water bath step. Also do not substitue the bread wtih another bread. You can cut away some to the crust from the sour dough french bread if you feel like it has too much crust.