Apple Pie Pudding
But, that gave me the inspiration to create another "cookie" filled pudding. Apples and ginger are a great match, so why not marry ginger snaps and apple pie filling!
I think you and your family will enjoy this incredibly easy and delicious dessert! It will make a great addition to your next picnic or potluck!
8 ozcream cheese, room temperature
14 ozsweetened condensed milk
1 smallinstant vanilla or cheesecake pudding mix (4 serving size)
1 1/2 cmilk
20 ozapple pie filling
8 ozfrozen whipped topping, thawed
1 lbbag of ginger snap cookies
How to Make Apple Pie Pudding
- In a large mixing bowl, using a hand mixer on medium speed, beat the cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk until smooth. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, using the hand mixer on medium speed, beat pudding mix and milk until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Open the apple pie filling and run a knife thru the apples, cutting them down to small chunks.
- Stir the pudding and apple pie filling into the cream cheese mixture and blend until well mixed.
- Fold in half of the thawed whipped topping until well blended.
- Spread 2 – 3 large spoonfuls of pudding mixture on bottom of an 8” x 8” pan (or equivalent). Place a layer of whole ginger snap cookies over the pudding. Spoon 1/3 of the remaining pudding mixture evenly over the cookie layer.
- Repeat with another layer of cookies, another third of the pudding mixture, another layer of cookies and finish with the remaining pudding mixture.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Crush remaining ginger snaps into crumbs. The easiest way to do this is to place cookies in a quart size freezer bag and crush with a rolling pin or heavy glass bottle.
- To serve, spoon Apple Pie Pudding into a bowl, add a dollop of remaining whipped topping (or real whipped cream) and sprinkle with crushed ginger snaps.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.