Apple Pie Pudding
But, that gave me the inspiration to create another "cookie" filled pudding. Apples and ginger are a great match, so why not marry ginger snaps and apple pie filling!
I think you and your family will enjoy this incredibly easy and delicious dessert! It will make a great addition to your next picnic or potluck!
- 8 oz
- cream cheese, room temperature
- 14 oz
- sweetened condensed milk
- 1 small
- instant vanilla or cheesecake pudding mix (4 serving size)
- 1 1/2 c
- 20 oz
- apple pie filling
- 8 oz
- frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 lb
- bag of ginger snap cookies
How to Make Apple Pie Pudding
- 1In a large mixing bowl, using a hand mixer on medium speed, beat the cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk until smooth. Set aside.
- 2In a medium mixing bowl, using the hand mixer on medium speed, beat pudding mix and milk until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- 3Open the apple pie filling and run a knife thru the apples, cutting them down to small chunks.
- 4Stir the pudding and apple pie filling into the cream cheese mixture and blend until well mixed.
- 5Fold in half of the thawed whipped topping until well blended.
- 6Spread 2 – 3 large spoonfuls of pudding mixture on bottom of an 8” x 8” pan (or equivalent). Place a layer of whole ginger snap cookies over the pudding. Spoon 1/3 of the remaining pudding mixture evenly over the cookie layer.
- 7Repeat with another layer of cookies, another third of the pudding mixture, another layer of cookies and finish with the remaining pudding mixture.
- 8Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- 9Crush remaining ginger snaps into crumbs. The easiest way to do this is to place cookies in a quart size freezer bag and crush with a rolling pin or heavy glass bottle.
- 10To serve, spoon Apple Pie Pudding into a bowl, add a dollop of remaining whipped topping (or real whipped cream) and sprinkle with crushed ginger snaps.
- 11Refrigerate any leftovers.