Amaretto Baked Custard
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 6 large
- egg yolks
- 1/4 c
- 1 tsp
- all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 c
- whole milk (warm)
- 1/2 c
- heavy cream (warm)
- 1/4 c
- amaretto liqueur
- 1 pinch
- butter (to grease ramekins)
How to Make Amaretto Baked Custard
- 1In a heavy nonreactive saucepan combine the egg yolks, sugar, flour, and salt.
- 2Beat until the mixture is pale yellow. Place over low heat and slowly stir in the warm milk & warm cream.
- 3Cook, stirring constantly, for 7 to 10 minutes.
- 4Add in Amaretto.
- 5Let sit while you butter your ramekins.
- 6Pour even amount into buttered ramekins. Set Ramekins into a water bath. (Broiler pan filled with 1 inch hot water)
- 7Bake at 325 for 35 minutes or until set. Custard is set when center barely moves after touching ramekin.
- 8Cool on a wire rack and chill. You can leave custard in the ramekin and serve or you can turn them out to serve. Shake some nutmeg on top before serving. =)