Amaretto Baked Custard
★★★★★ 1 vote5
6 largeegg yolks
1 tspall purpose flour
1 1/2 cwhole milk (warm)
1/2 cheavy cream (warm)
1/4 camaretto liqueur
·butter (to grease ramekins)
How to Make Amaretto Baked Custard
- In a heavy nonreactive saucepan combine the egg yolks, sugar, flour, and salt.
- Beat until the mixture is pale yellow. Place over low heat and slowly stir in the warm milk & warm cream.
- Cook, stirring constantly, for 7 to 10 minutes.
- Add in Amaretto.
- Let sit while you butter your ramekins.
- Pour even amount into buttered ramekins. Set Ramekins into a water bath. (Broiler pan filled with 1 inch hot water)
- Bake at 325 for 35 minutes or until set. Custard is set when center barely moves after touching ramekin.
- Cool on a wire rack and chill. You can leave custard in the ramekin and serve or you can turn them out to serve. Shake some nutmeg on top before serving. =)