Wonderful Pumpkin Pie
My daughter in law had a piece and said to me: "This is really good pie". I told her thank you and then she said to me again: "I'm not kidding, this is really good pie"!
Anyway, it's my favorite.
I have watched many cook shows and remember a Chef saying he prefers canned pumpkin because it's cured and the flavors are more intense. I have made it from fresh pumpkin and couldn't tell the difference...so I told myself, "Self, use the can!".
1 can(s)29 oz 100% pumpkin (not the pumpkin mix in a can)
1 3/4 cwhite sugar
1 pinchfinely ground black pepper
2 can(s)evaporated milk
How to Make Wonderful Pumpkin Pie
- preheat oven at 425 degrees
- Make your crust for two pumpkin pies.
- Place your pumpkin in a large bowl.
Using a whisk, add your sugar, salt, pepper, cinnamon, clove, ginger, nutmeg, allspice.
Add your eggs until well blended.
Now you can add your evaporated milk.
Make sure it's all well blended.
- Pour equal amounts into you pie shells.
- Bake at 425 for 15 minutes then reduce the heat to 350. cook for another 1 hour plus.
This depends on your oven, so watch your pie! You can see what it should look like from my photo.
- If you do not eat both pies, they freeze really great!