Winning Peanut Butter Pie
- 25 vanilla wafers, crushed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped unsalted peanuts, without skins
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup hevy cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1/2 to 1 cup hot fudge sauce, recipe follows
How to Make Winning Peanut Butter Pie
- 1Preheat oven to 350. Mix vanilla wafers, peanuts and butter and press into a 10 inch pie plate. Bake for 15 minutes. Cool.
- 2In large bowl, cream peanut butter, cream cheese and sugar together with mixer on medium speed. Blend well. Whip cream til stiff and add the vanilla. Carefully fold the whipped cream into peanut butter mixture and blend well til texture is consistent and smooth. Put mixture into cooled pie shell and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- 3Thin hot fudge topping by heating slightly. Allow to cool to just warm to touch. It should not be so hot that it melts filling. Spread a thin layer of fudge onto set pie. The fudge may be left smooth or incorporated into the peanut butter mixture by using a spatula creating a "flower type" design. (See picture above). Chill pie for at least 6 hours.
- 4Hot fudge sauce:
1 can sweetened condensed milk, 14 oz
2 squares unsweetened or semisweet chocolate, 1 oz. each
1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
2 Tbsp. butter
Mix milk and chocolate and cook over low heat til chocolate melts and mixture thickens. Microwave may be used,but process does not take long. Add vanilla and butter. Store, covered, in refrigerator. Use for Winning Peanut Butter Pie, (above) or hot, over ice cream.