☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 1/2 cflour
1/2 ccold vegetable shortening cut into 4 pieces
1/4 ccold water
How to Make Vodka Pie Dough
- Put 1 1/2 cups flour, salt and sugar in food processor until combined, about 2 one-second pulses. Add butter and shortening and process until homogenous dough just starts to collect uneven clumps, about 12 - 15 seconds. (dough will resemble cottage cheese curds.)
- Scrape bowl with rubber spatula and redistribute dough evenly around blade.
- Add remaining one cup flour and pulse until mixture is evenly distributed around bowl and mass of dough has been broken up. 4 to 6 quick pulses.
- Empty mixture into medium bowl.
- Combine vodka and water. Sprinkle over mixture
- With rubber spatula or wooden spoon, use folding motion to mix, pressing down on dough until it is slightly tacky and sticks together.
- Divide dough into two even balls, wrap in plastic wrap and flatten each into 4 in disk. Refrigerate at least 45 minutes or up to 2 days. Freezes very well.