Upside Down Apple Pie
2pie pastry, prepared (use the crust that is rolled in the ref. section)
1/2 cpacked brown sugar
1/4 cbutter melted
1 cpecan halves
1/2 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
1/4 cbutter, melted
4 csliced and peeled tart apples (granny smith)
How to Make Upside Down Apple Pie
- Coat a 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray. Preheat of to 425F.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and butter; stir in pecans. Arrange in the bottom of prepared pie plate and rounded sides of pecans facing down.
- In large bowl, combine the sugar, flour, butter and cinnamon. Add apples and toss to coat. Fill crust.
- To arrange..pecans on the bottom, then crust, then filling and then other crust. Brush top crust with butter and sprinkle with sugar.
- Place pie on cookie sheet in case of boil over. Cook for 15 minutes on 425F. Turn oven down to 375F for 45 minutes. If crust is getting too brown; cover with pie crust shield or aluminum foil. Cool for 15 minutes then invert on a plate. Serve with ice cream or whipped topping.