The best Apple Pie by Carrie Sue
2apples, granny smith
2apples, red delicious
1 can(s)fried apples
2pie crust shell
2rolled pie crust for the tops
1 tspapple pie seasoning
1 cbrown sugar
1 cwhite sugar
How to Make The best Apple Pie by Carrie Sue
- Preheat the oven to 400 Deg.
If you will be using the rolled crust (like the pillsberry) make sure it will be at room temp. before you begin. I just take it out in the morning and leave it out.
- Peel the apples and core and slice them into 1/4 inch slices. Put them in a large bowl.
- Cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juice over the apples and toss until coated.
- In a bowl, combine the sugars and spices together. Leave out a little white sugar for the top of the pie.
- Once everything is mixed add it to the apples and toss until coated. Add the raisins, and the canned fried apples, juice and all. Mix well. Take your pie crusts and put the mixture in with the middle made a little higher than the sides. Sprinkle with a little cinnamon and apply the top, carefully press the edges together and take a fork and press around the edges until sealed. On the top take a sharp knife and make an x right in the middle of the top crust.
- Brush the top with milk and sprinkle on white sugar.
Put it in the oven on a cookie sheet at 400 deg for 10 minutes, then lower the temp to 350 deg for 40-50 minutes until the top crust is golden brown. I usually baste it once during the last 10 minutes of bake time with boiled over mixture.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 20 minutes on a bakers rake or I set them on a cupcake tin.
Serve alone or with Ice cream.