Texas Ruby-Red Grapefruit Pie
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 9" baked pie crust, cooled
- ruby red grapefruit, sectioned and strained
- 1 c
- 1 3/4 c
- 2 Tbsp
- 1/8 tsp
- 1 box
- strawberry jello (3 oz)
- whipped cream, to garnish
How to Make Texas Ruby-Red Grapefruit Pie
- 1When sectioning grapefruit with a shape knife, be sure to remove all the membrane. Cut each slice in half and drain in a strainer or colander.
- 2Cook sugar, water, cornstarch, and salt until thickened and clear. Add Jello and stir until dissolved. Pour into a flat dish and chill until mixture begins to set., about 25 minutes.
- 3Add grapefruit, mix, and pour into cooled pie shell. Chill for at least two hours before serving.
- 4To serve, top each serving with whipped cream, or pipe a decorative border of whipped cream on pie then slice and serve.