Tex-Mex Apple Pies
1 can(s)20-22 ounce apple pie filling, slightly mashed with fork
1/2 cbutter (1 stick)
1/2 cwhite sugar
1/2 cpacked light brown sugar
68 inch flour tortillas
How to Make Tex-Mex Apple Pies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9 x 13” baking dish.
- In a small saucepan, bring water, butter and sugars to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Wrap tortillas in a dampened paper towel and heat in microwave for 30 seconds, to make them pliable and easy to handle.
- Add ¼ cup of apples to the bottom third of tortilla, fold sides in toward apples and roll up the tortilla from the bottom. Place in prepared pan, seam side down. Continue for each tortilla.
- Pour the sugar mixture over the top of the prepared tortillas, sprinkle with ground cinnamon. Let pan rest for 20 – 30 minutes to soak up the sugar mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes, uncovered.
- Serve warm with ice cream. Drizzle with caramel sauce or dust with cocoa powder, if desired.