Sweet Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
4 Tbspice cold water
2 crhubarb, cleaned and sliced
2 cfresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
2 Tbspfresh lemon juice
How to Make Sweet Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a saucepan over medium low heat, cook rhubarb and strawberries, covered, 10 minutes. Add lemon juice and stir.
- Combine sugar and cornstarch and add to saucepan. Stir and cook, uncovered, 10 minutes, or until thick and bubbly. Cool in pan.
- Brush top with a beaten egg and sprinkle with 1 Tablespoon sugar.
- Bake 30 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake an additional 10-15 minutes, until filling is bubbly and top has lightly browned. Cool.