- 2 c
- mashed sweet potatoes
- 1/3 c
- butter-softened at room temperature
- 1 1/4 c
- 1 c
- 1 tsp
- ground cinnamon or allspice
- 1 1/2 tsp
- 1 tsp
- orange rind
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 c
- orange juice
- deep dish pie shells - bake 1st for filled pies
How to Make Sweet Potatoe Pie
- 1If you don't have crust protectors, take small strips of foil and cover pie edges so they don't become overcooked. Do not remove until pie with filling are completely cooked. Bake pie shells as directed on package for filled pies and cool while preparing filling.
- 2Set oven to heat at 350F for baking filled pies.
- 3In a large mixing bowl. Blend all ingredients well. You will see pieces of the butter floating around. Its ok!
- 4Pour half of filling in each pie shell. Bake until firm. About 45-50 minutes.
Allow to cool. Serve with whipped cream.