Sweet Potato Pie
Heather M. Baker
1-1/2 cmashed sweet potatoes (you can used canned)
3/4 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
1 Tbspmelted butter
3eggs, lightly beaten
1 tspcinnamon (or to preference)
1 tspvanilla extract
1-3/4 cmilk (does not have to be evaporated)
1single crust pie shell, unbaked
How to Make Sweet Potato Pie
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mash your sweet potatoes and set aside. In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Gradually add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each.
- Gradually add mashed sweet potatoes, cinnamon, vanilla and milk. Mix well making sure everything is smooth.
- Pour into your pie crust; bake 45-60 mins. or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- When completely cooled; garnish with whipped cream and sprinkle with chopped pecans.