Summertime Strawberry Pie
Blue Ribbon Recipe
What an impressive - and easy - dessert for your cookouts this summer. The ginger ale adds a great kick to complement the sweet strawberries. A dollop of whipped cream finishes this pie wonderfully! The Test Kitchen
- (9-in) ready-to-bake deepdish pie shell, thawed
- (4-serving) package strawberry flavored gelatin
- 1/2 c
- 3 Tbsp
- 3/4 c
- ginger ale
- 1 qt
- fresh strawberries, hulled and cut in half
How to Make Summertime Strawberry Pie
- 1Bake pie shell according to package directions; set aside to cool.
- 2In a medium saucepan, combine remaining ingredients, (except strawberries) over medium heat. Cook 5 to 7 minutes or until gelatin has dissolved and mixture is clear, stirring occasionally.
- 3Remove from heat and let cool about 5 minutes. Stir in strawberries then pour into baked pie shell.
- 4Chill at least 4 hours or until set. Serve, or cover and keep chilled until ready to serve. Top with Cool whip if desired.