Sugar Cream Pie
1 pkg9" refrigerated pie crust, lightly baked
3/4 cgranulated sugar
2 1/2 chalf and half
1/4 cbrown sugar
1/4 ccorn starch
1/2 cbutter, cut up
How to Make Sugar Cream Pie
- Unroll pie crust and just lighty bake acording to package directions. Remove and let cool slightly.
- Adjust oven temperature to 325 degrees F.
- In a medium saucepan, combine granulated sugar, salt and the half-and-half.
- Bring to boiling, stirring occasionally. Meanwhile, in another saucepan, combine brown sugar and cornstarch.
- Gradually whisk in hot half-and-half mixture.
- Add butter. Over medium heat, cook mixture, whisking constantly, 5 minutes or until boiling and thickened. Simmer 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Pour into prepared pie shell; sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake 20 minutes or until top of pie is golden.
- Place on wire rack; pie filling will be very loose but will thicken on cooling. Cool completely before slicing.