Strawberry truffle pie
- one recipe pastry for single crust pie, homemade or store-bought
- one package semi sweet chocolate pieces, 6 ounces
- 1 tablespoon butter
- one package cream cheese, cubed softened, 8 ounces
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur orange juice
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, stems removed and halved
- 1/4 cup red currant jelly, melted
- whipped cream, optional
How to Make Strawberry truffle pie
- 1preheat oven to 450°. Prepare pastry for a single crust pie. On a lightly floured surface, use your hands to slightly flatten dough. Roll dough from center to edge into a 12 inch circle. Wrap pastry circle around rolling pin. Unroll into a 9 inch pie plate. Ease pastry into pie plate without stretching it. Trim pastry to 1/2 inch beyond edge of pie plate. Fold under extra pastry. Crimp edge as desired. Prick bottom and side of pastry with a fork. Line pastry with a double thickness of foil. Eight for eight minutes. Remove foil. Bake for 5 to 6 minutes more or until pastry is golden. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2In a small pan combine chocolate and butter. Cook and stir over medium low heat until melted. Add cream cheese and liqueur. Cook and stir until smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in the powdered sugar.
Spread chocolate mixture in bottom of baked pie shell. Arrange strawberries, stemmed ends down on chocolate layer. Brush berries with melted jelly. Cover and chill for at least four hours.
Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving. If desired, serve with whipped cream. Makes eight servings.
- 3pastry for single crust pie: in medium bowl, stir together 1 1/4 cup flour and 1/4 teaspoons salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in 1/3 cup shortening until pieces are pea size. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon cold water over part of flour mixture. Toss gently with a fork. Push moistened dough to side of bowl. Repeat with additional cold water, 1 tablespoon at a time, 4 to 5 tablespoons total, until all of the flour mixture is moistened. Shape into a ball.