Strawberry Share Pie
I shared one pie with my neighbor who picked up my mail while I was away recently.
- 2 pre-made graham cracker pie crusts
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- few drops red food coloring (optional)
- 1 ½ cup water
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 small pkg. strawberry jell-o
- 3 cups fresh sliced strawberries
- cool whip or homemade whipped cream, for serving (optional)
How to Make Strawberry Share Pie
- 1In bowl of electric mixer, mix cream cheese, condensed milk, lemon juice, vanilla extract and food coloring, if using. Beat well until thoroughly combined. Refrigerate.
- 2In a small sauce pan mix sugar and flour. Slowly add water, and mix with wire whisk to dissolve sugar and flour. Bring to a boil and cook until mixture looks almost clear.
- 3Remove from heat and stir in strawberry Jell-O. Remove from stove and set aside to cool; then set in fridge to cool more, until thickened to the consistency of egg whites.
- 4Spoon cold cream cheese mixture into the two crumb crusts, and smooth out the tops.
- 5Top with sliced fresh strawberries; pour over cooled strawberry glaze. Refrigerate until set.
- 6Serve with Cool Whip or homemade whipped cream.