Strawberry Share Pie
I shared one pie with my neighbor who picked up my mail while I was away recently.
·2 pre-made graham cracker pie crusts
·1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
·1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
·1/3 cup lemon juice
·1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
·few drops red food coloring (optional)
·1 ½ cup water
·¼ cup all-purpose flour
·1 cup sugar
·1 small pkg. strawberry jell-o
·3 cups fresh sliced strawberries
·cool whip or homemade whipped cream, for serving (optional)
How to Make Strawberry Share Pie
- In bowl of electric mixer, mix cream cheese, condensed milk, lemon juice, vanilla extract and food coloring, if using. Beat well until thoroughly combined. Refrigerate.
- In a small sauce pan mix sugar and flour. Slowly add water, and mix with wire whisk to dissolve sugar and flour. Bring to a boil and cook until mixture looks almost clear.
- Remove from heat and stir in strawberry Jell-O. Remove from stove and set aside to cool; then set in fridge to cool more, until thickened to the consistency of egg whites.
- Spoon cold cream cheese mixture into the two crumb crusts, and smooth out the tops.
- Top with sliced fresh strawberries; pour over cooled strawberry glaze. Refrigerate until set.
- Serve with Cool Whip or homemade whipped cream.