STRAWBERRY PRETZEL SURPRISE
A light and tasty favorite.
2 ccrushed pretzels ( 4 cups uncrushed)
6 Tbspunsalted butter, melted
·filling and topping
1 pkg8 oz cream cheese
1 pkg10 oz. frozen whipped topping, thawed
2 pkg3 oz. each strawberry-flavored gelatin
2 cboiling water
1 pkg16 oz. frozen strawberries, thawed
How to Make STRAWBERRY PRETZEL SURPRISE
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- CRUST: Mix together pretzels, butter and sugar.
Coat a 13X9X2 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Pat pretzel mixture into the bottom of the dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- FILLING and TOPPING: In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Fold in thawed whipped topping. Spread mixture over cooled crust.
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water.
Stir in thawed strawberries. Place over larger bowl of ice water and refrigerate, stirring occasionally, until mixture starts to thicken slightly.
- Spoon strawberry mixture over cream cheese mixture.
Refrigerate for 4 hours.
- To serve, cut into squares.
Makes 16 servings.