I have won several awards with this pie and hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
Don't be afraid to add more strawberries to it...I like strawberries in my pie!
How to Make Strawberry Pie
- 1Prepare strawberries and place in a medium bowl, set aside.
- 2In a heavy saucepan combine the water, sugar and corn starch. Stir to mix well then cook over medium heat until thick and clear stirring often. Once glaze is thick and clear, remove from heat and allow to cool COMPLETELY stirring ONLY to release steam.
- 3After glaze is completely cooled, add jello and stir only to mix well. Add mixture to the prepared strawberries and stir to coat.
- 4Spoon mixture into crust and if desired top with whipped topping...keep refrigerated!
- 5To prevent pie from drying out you will need to keep it covered...that is where a ready made crust w/lid comes in handy.