Strawberry Margarita Pie
1/4 cgranulated sugar
2/3 cpretzels, crushed
1 tsppowdered sugar
2/3 cevaporated milk
1 cfresh strawberries, hulled & mashed (or frozen, thawed & drained)
1/4 ctequila (divided)
1/3 cfresh lime juice
28-oz. containers whipped topping (divided)
1/8 tspred food color
2fresh limes, sliced
1/4 cmacadamia nuts, chopped
How to Make Strawberry Margarita Pie
- To make pie crust: lightly grease a 9-inch pie plate or dish
- Melt butter; add sugar and pretzels, mixing well.
- Press into prepared plate or dish
- Bake at 450 degrees for 9-11 minutes.
- Cool COMPLETELY; dust with powdered sugar.
- In medium glass bowl, heat marshmallows and milk in microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes.
- Remove from microwave; stir until smooth.
- Return to microwave; heat 1 additional minute on HIGH.
- Remove 1/2 cup mixture to separate bowl.
- Fold in strawberries until mixture is smooth.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons of the tequila and lime juice.
- Add remaining tequila to plain mixture.
- Chill both mixtures for 20 minutes until thickened.
- Divide 2 cups of the whipped topping between each mixture, folding gently.
- Spoon strawberry mixture into cooled pretzel crust.
- Spread plain mixture on top.
- Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm.
- Garnish with remaining whipped topping and lime slices.
- Sprinkle with nuts.