STRAWBERRY DREAM BARS
Peggi Anne Tebben
You can make the crust 2 different ways. Great either way.
- 1 -16 oz
- container light cool whip
- 1 - 16 oz
- container dannon's fit & light strawberry flavored yogurt
- 1 1/2 large
- boxes sugar free strawberry jello
- fresh strawberries for decoration (halved)
- 1 pkg
- crushed oreo cookies in food processor
- 1 stick
- butter, melted
- individual bags fiber one coarsly crushed in food processor
- 1 stick
- melted butter (+)
- individual small envelopes splenda sweetner
FOR OREO COOKIE CRUST:
FOR FIBER ONE CRUST:
How to Make STRAWBERRY DREAM BARS
- 2Mix the cool whip, yogurt, & jello by hand & spread over crust.
- 3Place in fridge overnight. Do not cover until tomorrow.
- 4NEXT DAY:
SCORE THE DESSERT WHERE YOU WILL BE CUTTING IT SO YOU CAN PLACE THE STRAWBERRIES ON.SLICE STRAWBERRIES IN HALF FROM TIP TO TOP, LEAVING LEAVES ON & TOP WITH STRAWBERRY SLICES FOR STRAWBERRY YOGURT.
I place it so the tip of strawberry points to a corner.
- 5You want it in something that isn't very deep, so you can spatula it out easily so it won't fall apart. It makes a beautiful presentation in a flat pan with all those strawberries in a row. I would make the point of the strawberry point to one corner of the bar, so when it sat on a plate by itself, it looked in diamond shape with a strawberry on top. Very pretty. To me, presentation is everything, along with taste. I wish I had a picture. Oh, I would also save some of the jello granules out & very lightly sprinkle on top of yogurt mixture before putting strawberry on top. I made a day ahead so it could set up good & didn't put strawberry on until ready to serve. But sprinkle jello granules on the day before.