☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 9 inch pastry shell
- 1/3 c
- 1/2 c
- 2 c
- small egg yolks
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 Tbsp
- firm butter
- 1.5 c
How to Make Strawberry Cream Pie
- 1Bake and cool pastry shell.
- 2Blend flour and sugar in heavy saucepan.
- 3Slowly stir in 1 cup milk until smooth.
- 4Add rest of milk; cook and stir over direct heat until mixture boils and thickens (be careful of boil-overs)!
- 5Stir 1/2 cup of hot mixture into well-beaten egg yolks; stir together.
- 6Pour back in saucepan; cook and stir 2 minutes.
- 7Remove from heat; stir in vanilla and butter.
- 8Pour half of mixture in pie shell.
- 9Layer strawberries; pour remaining mixture on top.
- 10Cool and serve.