☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
19 inch pastry shell
3small egg yolks
1 Tbspfirm butter
How to Make Strawberry Cream Pie
- Bake and cool pastry shell.
- Blend flour and sugar in heavy saucepan.
- Slowly stir in 1 cup milk until smooth.
- Add rest of milk; cook and stir over direct heat until mixture boils and thickens (be careful of boil-overs)!
- Stir 1/2 cup of hot mixture into well-beaten egg yolks; stir together.
- Pour back in saucepan; cook and stir 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla and butter.
- Pour half of mixture in pie shell.
- Layer strawberries; pour remaining mixture on top.
- Cool and serve.