Next time, I think I will leave out the blueberries and just use strawberries and raspberries and it will be a more traditional color for a strawberry pie.
- 1 c
- 3 pt
- fresh strawberries
- 2 c
- 1/3 c
- sugar plus 2 tablespoons
- 2 tsp
- prebaked pie crust for 1-crust pie
- 8 oz
- cream cheese, softened
- 2 c
- heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1/2 tsp
How to Make Strawberry/Berry Pie
- 1Combine the blueberries, 1 pint of the strawberries, and raspberries, 1/3 cup sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a simmer and cook until the berries break down and give up their juices, 4-5 minutes. Take the berries off the heat and blend them. I used an immersion blender. Then strain to remove as many of the seeds as possible. Let cool but not get cold and too thick to put on the pie.
- 2While the berries are cooling, beat the remaining 2/3 cup of sugar and the cream cheese with a mixer until smooth and light. Add one cup of cream and vanilla extract, and beat on medium-high speed until smooth and almost the consistency of whipped cream.
- 3To assemble the pie, spoon the cream cheese mixture into the pie crust and smooth it out. Place the remaining 2 pints of cleaned strawberries, either whole or sliced, on top of the cream cheese mixture. Then place the berry sauce over the strawberries.
- 4Whip the remaining cream with the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar, and garnish the top of the pie with the cream.