Strawberry Apple Pie
How to Make Strawberry Apple Pie
- 1Prepare 2-9 inch pie crusts. You can use my Easy Spelt Pie Crust (if you like) which I have posted in my recipes.
- 2Set the oven to 375'F.
- 3Mix the sugars and cornstarch together. Prepare the apples and strawberries. I sliced the apples in my food processor, it saved time.
- 4Mix the sugar/cornstarch mixture in with the apples and strawberries.
- 5Put the bottom crust into your pie tin and add the apple/strawberry/sugar mixture.
- 6Don't trim the edges of the crust, just leave them. Put the top crust onto the pie.
- 7Now you will have the top and bottom crust on. Take the top and bottom crust around the edges of the pie and fold it under and seal the crusts together. Then flute the edges with your fingers and thumb. It will be fairly thick. You won't have to trim anything when you do this.
- 8Using a whole egg, mix it well and brush it onto the top of the pie crust and along the fluted edges. Then sprinkle it with some good sugar. Cut steam holes in the top of the pie.
- 9Bake for 45 minutes. Check it half way to make sure the edges don't burn. If they are getting really brown cover them with tin foil. When done, cool the pie thoroughly on a wire rack.
- 10Serve with ice cream or whipped topping. Enjoy!