Strawberries and Cream Pie
- 1 1/2 c
- graham cracker crumbs (about 9 full crackers crushed)
- 5 Tbsp
- butter, melted
- 2 pkg
- 8 oz blocks of cream cheese, room temp (16oz total)
- 2 c
- heavy cream + 1 tbsp
- 2/3 c
- 2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- carton strawberries
- 1/2 c
- semi sweet chocolate chips (optional)
How to Make Strawberries and Cream Pie
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- 2In a small bowl, mix together graham cracker crumbs and melted butter until crumbly, moist mixture forms.
- 3Gently but firmly press the graham cracker mixture into the bottoms/ sides of a pie dish.
Bake for 10 min. Set aside to cool completely.
(You are done with the oven at this point so turn it off!)
- 4In a medium bowl, beat the heavy cream until it holds firm peaks. Set aside.
- 5In a larger bowl, mix cream cheese, vaniall, and sugar until smooth and creamy.
- 6Fold about 1/3 of hte whipped cream unto your cream cheese mixture to lighten it, then add the rest. Gently fold until evently incorporated and smooth.
Spoon filling into cooled pie crust and spread it out in an even layer.
- 7Layer sliced strawberries in overlapping rows around the top of the cream.
Melt chocolate + 1 tbsp of cream ( I actually just used 2% milk because I only bought a pint of heavy cream and it worked just fine) and stir until smooth and liquid. Drizzle melted chocolate over the strawberries.
* I didn't use the whole carton of strawberries, so slice and place as you go so you don't cut up the whole carton if you don't need to. For the chocolate, I just put the chips and a little milk in a bowl in the microwave for 15 sec. I pulled it out and stirred until the chocolate was melted. It was a little thick for drizzling so I added a little more milk at a time until I got the consistency I wanted.
- 8Stick the pie in the refridgerater for a few hours to allow the filling to firm up.