Spinach Pie - Diabetic Friendly
This is good for anybody, not just diabetics.
- 4 oz
- whole wheat angel hair pasta
- 3/4 c
- 1/2 c
- light sour cream
- 1/4 tsp
- garlic powder
- 1/4 c
- 3 1/4 tsp
- red pepper flakes
- 10 oz
- spinach, frozen (i use fresh)
- 8 oz
- fat free cream cheese
- 1 c
- reduced fat cheese
- 2 c
- turkey/chicken breast (meat of your choice)
How to Make Spinach Pie - Diabetic Friendly
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Coat a 9" deep-dish pie plate (I used a 9" springform pan and it worked great) with cooking spray.
- 3Cook the turkey/chicken, let cool. Then cut up the turkey/chicken in small pieces.
- 4Cook pasta and drain. Put aside.
- 5In a bowl, beat cream cheese till smooth, gradually beat in eggs and light sour cream.
- 6Stir in Basil, garlic powder and red pepper. Mix well. Continue adding the turkey/chicken, spinach, cheese and pasta.
- 7Spread into prepared pan.
- 8Bake, uncovered for 45-50 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting it into wedges.
- 9Calories: 275
Saturated Fat: 2.8g
Carbs: 27.2 g
Dietery Fiber: 10.3g