Spinach Pie - Diabetic Friendly
This is good for anybody, not just diabetics.
4 ozwhole wheat angel hair pasta
1/2 clight sour cream
1/4 tspgarlic powder
3 1/4 tspred pepper flakes
10 ozspinach, frozen (i use fresh)
8 ozfat free cream cheese
1 creduced fat cheese
2 cturkey/chicken breast (meat of your choice)
How to Make Spinach Pie - Diabetic Friendly
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat a 9" deep-dish pie plate (I used a 9" springform pan and it worked great) with cooking spray.
- Cook the turkey/chicken, let cool. Then cut up the turkey/chicken in small pieces.
- Cook pasta and drain. Put aside.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese till smooth, gradually beat in eggs and light sour cream.
- Stir in Basil, garlic powder and red pepper. Mix well. Continue adding the turkey/chicken, spinach, cheese and pasta.
- Spread into prepared pan.
- Bake, uncovered for 45-50 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting it into wedges.
- Calories: 275
Saturated Fat: 2.8g
Carbs: 27.2 g
Dietery Fiber: 10.3g