Spiced Apple Pie
Everyone loved it - because it was pronounced as "Spiced Apple" pie. I hope you will enjoy it too. [it can be our little secret] YUM!
- 1 can(s)
- apple pie filling or your favorite recipe for apple pie
- 1/2 jar(s)
- mincemeat filling [or a box of it if you're lucky, in which case you will need 3/4 cup of water to reconstitute it with; crumble the dried mix into a pan, add the water and boil for 1 minute]
- 4 Tbsp
- butter, melted
- 1 oz
- milk [which ever kind is best for your family - we use 2% in our house]
- 3 Tbsp
- turbinado sugar [or other coarse grain sugar]
- 2 large
- pie crust shells [one bottom and one top] 9 inch deep dish work just fine
How to Make Spiced Apple Pie
- 1Mix your apple pie filling and mincemeat filling in a bowl and add the 4 tablespoons of melted butter.
Preheat your oven to 425 while you're doing this
- 2Pour mix into bottom pie shell and top with the other shell - [I like to moisten the edge of the bottom one with a bit of milk and then join them. They pinch together better for me this way]
- 3Cut slits in the top crust to vent the pie. If you want to get 'fancy' go right ahead - add extra pieces of pie crust in the shape of leaves or whatever you desire. You just moisten the back of each piece with milk before placing on the top crust. Brush the top with the rest of the milk and sprinkle the top with the sugar.
- 4Bake for 10 minutes @ 425
Lower oven temp to 375 and bake for 20/25 minutes until top is golden brown. Place on a rack to cool to desired serving temperature.
- 5Share and enjoy!