Southern Sweet Potato Pies
- 1 1/2 c
- cooked sweet potatoes, mashed
- 3 Tbsp
- 3 c
- 1 1/2 stick
- butter, melted
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- vanilla extract
- 5 large
- eggs, beaten
- 12 oz
- can of evaporated milk
- 1 pkg
- frozen deepdish pie shells
How to Make Southern Sweet Potato Pies
- 1Place sweet potatoes into mixer bowl and add the sugar and the flour. Blend.
- 2Add eggs and evaporated milk. Blend well.
- 3Add the vanilla. Beat 2 min. with mixer to help remove any strings in sweet potatoes.
- 4Add the melted butter and blend well.
- 5Pour into 2 uncooked pie shells.
- 6Bake 1 hour in a preheated 350 degree oven. Center will be jiggly when done. Remove from oven and cool on rack.
- 7Store leftovers in refrigerator.