Southern Pecan Pie
Deborah Anne Dannels
I use frozen crusts and they come in packs of two, so, I'm giving you a double recipe, which can be halved for a single pie. It's so easy to make, though, you might as well bake two and freeze one.
- eggs - grade a large
- 1 1/3 c
- 1/2 tsp
- 2 c
- dark kayro - dark corn syrup
- 3/4 c
- butter - melted
- 3 c
- frozen pie shells
How to Make Southern Pecan Pie
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. (Before turning on the oven, I put cookie sheets covered with aluminum foil on my pizza stone for a nice "done" bottom crust.)
- 2Put 1 1/2 cups of pecans into each frozen pie shell. Pecans can be in halves, or coarsely chopped.
- 3In mixing bowl, add first 5 ingredients and mix thoroughly. This can be done with your stand mixer, a hand mixer or by hand with a whisk.
Pour over pecans in frozen shells dividing liquid mixture evenly.
- 4Bake in 350 degree oven for 50 minutes or until a butter knife inserted between center and edge comes out clean. Cool completely before refrigerating. Pie is okay for up to 3 days covered at room temperature, but is better refrigerated up to a week. This pie also freezes well for up to 3 months.