Southern Exposure Key Lime Pie
- 1/2 cup real key lime juice, fresh or bottled
- 5 large egg yolks
- one can sweetened condensed milk, 15 oz
- one prepared graham cracker crust
- 1 cup heavy cream, chilled, preferably not ultra pasteurized
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. double strength vanilla extract
- grated fresh lime zest for garnish
How to Make Southern Exposure Key Lime Pie
- 1Preheat oven to 350
- 2In bowl, mix the key lime juice, the egg yolks and sweetened condensed milk with a whisk til blended. Pour the egg yolk mixture into prepared crust.
- 3Bake the pie for 10 minutes. Remove pie from oven and cool to room temperature. Put in refrigerator to chill.
- 4In a bowl, whip cream with sugar and vanilla till light and fluffy. Garnish chilled pie with whipped cream and lime zest and refrigerate til serving time. Cut into wedges to serve. Makes one pie.