SONNY'S PECAN PIE
·9" deep dish pie crust
1/2 cdark corn syrup (karo)
1/ clight corn syrup (karo)
1 1/2 tspvanilla
few dropsmaple flavoring (he says this is the secret ingredient)
2 cchopped pecans
How to Make SONNY'S PECAN PIE
- Add sugar and butter to medium saucepan.
- Heat on low long enough to dissolve sugar and melt butter.
- Add beaten eggs to the butter and sugar. Mix well.
- Add vanilla.
- Add chopped pecans to the mixture.
- Heat until it just begins to bubble. Set aside and let cool for about 10 minutes.
- Add few drops of maple flavoring.
- Pour into prepared pie crust.
- Bake at 350 for one hour and 10 minutes. After 10-15 minutes, put foil around the crust to prevent over browning.
- Shake pie to test, if middle is soft, bake a few minutes longer.
- Let sit for one hour before cutting.