SONNY'S PECAN PIE
- 9" deep dish pie crust
- 1 c
- 1 stick
- 1/2 c
- dark corn syrup (karo)
- 1/ c
- light corn syrup (karo)
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 1/2 tsp
- few drops
- maple flavoring (he says this is the secret ingredient)
- 2 c
- chopped pecans
How to Make SONNY'S PECAN PIE
- 1Add sugar and butter to medium saucepan.
- 2Heat on low long enough to dissolve sugar and melt butter.
- 3Add beaten eggs to the butter and sugar. Mix well.
- 4Add vanilla.
- 5Add chopped pecans to the mixture.
- 6Heat until it just begins to bubble. Set aside and let cool for about 10 minutes.
- 7Add few drops of maple flavoring.
- 8Pour into prepared pie crust.
- 9Bake at 350 for one hour and 10 minutes. After 10-15 minutes, put foil around the crust to prevent over browning.
- 10Shake pie to test, if middle is soft, bake a few minutes longer.
- 11Let sit for one hour before cutting.