Simple two-way Apple Pie
We are not big fans of allspice and cloves so you won't find that in here. I use any apple, romas, Red Delish, Golden, Macs, Gala..any kind. Easy and simple.
How to Make Simple two-way Apple Pie
- Save the cores...I use them to feed the birds...coat them with peanut butter or honey and roll em bird seed...let dry and hang outside.
- I take all my apples and place in a big bowl, with a splash of lemon all over and mix. I also use one apple to dice up in a separate bowl to use for fill-ins.
- In a saucepan I put my cider, brown sugar, butter, cinnamon and nutmeg. Simmer until sugar and butter are melted, let simmer till slightly thickened.
- Place your apples in the two pie shells, use the diced apple to fill in any open holes.
- Pour your cider mixture over both pies
Cover one pie with crust and cut or decorate any way...the other is just a simple crumb topping made with butter, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. Mix until crumbled and place on top of other pie...I make alot and try to place it as high as I can.
- Place pies on a cookie sheet
bake at 400 for about 45-50 minutes.