Simple Shepherds Pie for Two
I took something I have been cooking for years and cut the portion size down for two people with a bit of leftovers. This recipe would fit into a bread loaf pan and should feed 3 hungry people.
- 1 1/2 c
- prepared instant mashed potatoes or 3/4 lb potatoes prepared with 3 tbsp butter and 1/2c milk
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 lb
- hamburger or 1/4 hamburger, 1/4 ground turkey
- 1/2 Tbsp
- 1 clove
- garlic, minced or grated
- 1/2 medium
- onion, roughly chopped
- 1 pkg
- brown gravy (dry mix)
- 1/2 c
- stalk celery, chopped
- 1 small
- carrot, shredded
- 1/2 c
- frozen peas (thawed, any excess water disgard)
- 1/4 c
- canned kernal corn, or frozen corn thawed
- 1 c
- shredded cheese (mozzarella, cheddar, parmesan, colby)
- 1 1/2 tsp
- dried parsley (about 3 good shakes)
- cooking spray
How to Make Simple Shepherds Pie for Two
- 1Preheat to 350° F.
- 2Prepare instant potatoes according to directions to create about 1 1/2 c prepared potatoes. Add 1/2 minced garlic and set aside.
- 3In a medium pan, add oil and brown meat. Add onions and the remaining 1/2 garlic and cook until translucent, but do not burn garlic. Add dry gravy packet and 1/2 c. water into a separate bowl and whisk together. Add mixture to meat, stirring until heated through and thickens.
Spray loaf pan with non-stick spray. Add beef, onions and gravy to the bottom of a lightly sprayed bread loaf pan. On top of meat, sprinkle on mixture of peas, bell pepper, celery, carrot and corn. Top this with prepared potatoes either with a pastry bag or dollop potatoes on top and smooth out. Sprinkle cheese on top of potatoes and add a few shakes of dried parsley flakes. I do not season with any additional salt as the gravy packet has salt, but I do add pepper.
- 4Cook in the oven for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted.
About Simple Shepherds Pie for Two
Show 19 Comments & Reviews