Schelley's Easy Pot Pie
Schelley Brown Francis
·boneless, skinless chicken breast
·salt and pepper to taste
1 smallbag of frozen mixed vegetables (i like the one with carrots, peas and potatoes)
1 can(s)cream of celery soup
2 can(s)cream of mushroom soup
1 can(s)cream of chicken soup
2deep dish pie crust
2fold out pie crust (for top)
How to Make Schelley's Easy Pot Pie
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Boil about 2-3 chicken breast (more if you like a lot of meat) with salt and pepper to taste. Chop up your chicken in small pieces, when it is cooled. Save your chicken broth.
- In chicken broth cook vegetables and onions. Then drain. I a large bowl pour your drained, cooked vegetables and add your chopped chicken mix together well. Salt and pepper if needed.
- Take your deep dish crust and poke holes in bottom with fork to keep it flat in pan. Then pour chicken mixture evenly in both crust. DON'T OVER FILL YOUR CRUST! Now take your fold out flat crust and lay over the top of your mixture and crimp one the bottom crust to the top crust. You will have more hanging over on the top. I just roll that back and have extra thick crust on the edges.
- Cook at 350 for 1 hour until golden brown.
- Note: If you want to do this in a casserole dish, I buy 4 flat crust and line a stone baking dish (the crust will be better if you use the stone baking dish) with 2 crust and top it off with the other two.