Rustic Apple Tart
2 1/2 lb(about 6 lg) tart green apples, thinnly sliced
2 Tbsplemon juice
1/4 cgranulated sugar
1/3 clight brown sugar
1/2 cbutter, softened
1unbaked (9 in) pie crust
How to Make Rustic Apple Tart
- Toss together apples, lemon, and granulated sugar. Set aside.
- Place all remaining ingredients except pie crust in mixer bowl. Mix on low till until mixture is crumbly. Set aside.
- Roll out pie crust into a 13 in. circle (I used a pillsbury refridgerated pie crust). Transfere to baking sheet.
- Gently mound apples in center of pie crust, leaving a 2 inch border of dough on all sides. Sprinkle apples with cinnamon sugar mixture. Fold pastry up over filling, pleating as necessary to fit snugly around apples. Gently press dough to filling, reinforcing shape.
- Bake at 400 for 30 min or until crust is golden brown and apples are tender. Cool for 10 min.; serve warm.