Rustic Apple Pie
Also, if you can find it, some stores sell caramel apple pie filling. To die for!!!
1/2 cbrown sugar
2 Tbspall purpose flour
2 can(s)apple pie filling
1 1/2 stickbutter (cold and cubed)
1 1/2 call purpose flour
3-4 Tbspice cold water
How to Make Rustic Apple Pie
- Preheat oven to 400°.
In medium sized bowl, mix first 4 ingredients. Add canned apples. Set aside.
- In food processor, add flour, salt and butter. Pulse until just mixed.
- Add just enough cold water to make it hold together.
- Roll out on floured surface to a size bigger than your cast iron skillet. Dough should hang over the side about 3-4”.
- Pour apple mixture in. Dot with cubes of butter. Fold sides over the apple mix all the way around.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes. Remove from oven and let Cool.