Rustic Apple-Pear Pie
A perfect fall treat!
Hope you enjoy!
NOTE: THE MEASUREMENT FOR THE APPLES AND PEARS COULD CHANGE DEPENDING ON SIZE OF FRUIT. YOU WANT TO FILL YOUR PIE PLATE WITH FRUIT, SO YOU MAY NEED MORE OR YOU COULD USE LESS. I WOULD SAY THE FRUIT I USED WAS LARGE. SOMEONE ELSE MAY NOT AGREE.
2pie crust (i used pilsbury)
3firm but ripe pears, peeled, cored and sliced thin
2baking apples, peeled, cored and sliced thin
3 Tbspbrown sugar
2 Tbspall purpose flour
2 Tbspbutter, cubed
How to Make Rustic Apple-Pear Pie
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place one pie crust in pie plate; set aside.
- Squeeze juice of one lemon over fruit to prevent fruit from turning brown; set aside.
- Combine sugars, flour, cinnamon and cardamon. Drain lemon juice off fruit; sprinkle sugar/flour mixture over fruit; toss to combine.
- Place fruit in pie plate on top of pie crust; dab butter over fruit. Place 2nd crust on top of fruit and pierce top several time with knife of fork.
- Bake 45 minutes. After 20 minutes of baking, loosely place a sheet of foil on top of pie to prevent crust from over browning.
- Once pie is done, remove from oven and cool for about 20 minutes before serving.
- Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and drizzle with a caramel sauce, if desired.