Russ's Peanut Butter Pie
- 9-in refrigerated ready to use piecrust
- 3/4 c
- 1/2 c
- 1 tsp
- 4 c
- whole milk
- 4 large
- egg yolks (lightly beaten)
- 3/4 c
- crunchy peanut butter
- 3 Tbsp
- butter (at room temp)
- 1 Tbsp
- fresh whipped sweet heavy cream for serving
- chopped nuts for garnish
How to Make Russ's Peanut Butter Pie
- 1Preheat oven to 450 F. Place piecrust in 9-in pie plate; bake as label directs for one crust pie shell.
- 2In a 4 quart saucepan, stir together sugar, cornstarch, and salt. In a large bowl whisk milk and egg yolks until well blended, gradually whisk into sugar mixture. Heat on medium heat 6 to 7 minutes or until mixture thickens and boils, stiring constantly. Remove from heat: stir in peanut butter and vanilla until well blended
- 3Immediately pour peanut butter mixture into the baked pie shell, press platic wrap onto surface of filling. Refrigerate pie at least 4 hours or until well chilled and set.
- 4To serve top with whipped cream and garnish with chopped nuts.