RITZ CRACKER CRUST LEMON PIE
- 1 can(s)
- 14oz. eagle brand sweetened condensed milk
- egg yolks
- 1/2 c
- real lemon or you can fresh squeez which makes a real rich more tart taste
- egg whites
- 6 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- real lemon juice or valilla flavoring best with lemon for this pie
- about 2 sleeves of crackers
- 1 stick
RITZ CRACKER CRUST
How to Make RITZ CRACKER CRUST LEMON PIE
- 1First melt the butter and crush the crackers and then blend with the butter.
- 2In a 10" pie pan press the mixture down and around firmly. SET ASIDE
- 3In a mixing bowl pour in the milk, 3 egg yolks, and the lemon juice. With a hand whisk,whip all till well combined and egg yolks fully incorporated. Pour in the prepared pie shell.
- 4Now with a hand mixer Add the egg whites in a mixing bowl make sure no yellow is in your whites or they will not set. Begin whipping untill frothy.
- 5Add in the flavoring lemon or vanilla, whip about a minute to incorporate.
- 6Very important step for those that have never made a meringue. Add one tablespoon of sugar slowly at a time while beating the egg whites. After all 6Tbls have been added continue to whip until it forms peaks.
- 7Top the pie with the meringue and swirl to make a solf fluffy topping. Bake on 350 dgrees about 10 minutes watching to see the meringue is lightly browned not burned.
- 8Remove from oven and let cool about an hour then refrigerate let set serve cold and keep refrigerated until gone.