- unbaked pie shell
- eggs, separated -- beat the whites
- 1 c
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp
- butter, melted
- 1 c
- 2 c
- rhubarb, bite-size pieces
How to Make Rhubarb Sponge Pie
- 1Beat egg whites until stiff; set aside.
Spray pie pan with cooking spray. Add pie dough and spray the inside of the dough; flute the edges. Set aside.
Preheat oven 375.
- 2In a bowl add yolks, beat with a fork. Add sugar and flour and stir. Add butter and stir. Add milk and stir. Add rhubarb and stir. Stir in egg whites.
- 3Pour the mixture into the prepared pie pan. Bake 40 minutes; or until set. Cool completely.