- 4 c
- chopped rhubarb(frozen defrosted works well!)
- 1 1/3 c
- white sugar/or splenda if someone is diabetic
- 6 Tbsp
- white all -purpose-flour
- 1 Tbsp
- pastry shell ( i buy the store bought one to save time for a quick easy pie)
SUPER SIMPLE INGREDIENTS!!!!
How to Make RHUBARB PIE!!!
- 1Pre Heat oven to 450 degrees
Remove pie pastry out of the fridge.
after about 15 mins place one of them in a pie plate.
- 2Combine sugar and flour. Sprinkle 1/4 of it over the pastry in pie plate.
- 3Heap the Rhubarb over this mixture
- 4Sprinkle with the remaining sugar and flour.
- 5Dot with the butter...I use it cold out of the fridge and just cut into tiny cubes and spread over the pie.
- 6Take the other pie pastry and lay on the counter.
Next find your child's Ruler!
Cut strips that are about 1/2 wide across the whole pastry.
- 7Next lay one across the top and than another to make a big X...Than lay one again length wise and than one width wise while doing this make sure to lift up everyother strip to make it look as though it has been weaved.
When done just fold the edges up and moisten the lower crust edge with a little water on your finger and fold the excess dough from the weaving under and press lightly to seal....