Rhubarb Custard Pie
- 2 large
- beaten eggs
- 1 c
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 c
- half and half (or light cream)
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- freshly grated nutmeg (ok to use dried ground nutmeg but freshly grated is so much better)
- 2 c
- diced fresh rhubarb
- (9 inch) unbaked pie shell
How to Make Rhubarb Custard Pie
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Beat together eggs, sugar, flour, half and half, vanilla, and nutmeg. Stir in rhubarb and pour all into pie shell.
- 2Bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes.
Reduce heat to 350 degrees and continue to bake for approximately 45-50 minutes longer. Filling should be slightly brown and should be puffed a bit. It should jiggle when pan is wiggled.
Remove from oven and cool before cutting. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.