Red Velvet-Blueberry Ice Cream Pie
Photo: Food Network Magazine July/Aug 2013.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- store bought red velvet cupcakes
- 1 1/2 pt
- vanilla ice cream
- 1 1/2 pt
- blueberry sorbet
- 2 c
- heavy cream, cold
- 2 Tbsp
- powdered sugar
How to Make Red Velvet-Blueberry Ice Cream Pie
- 1Scrape off and discard the frosting from the cupcakes; crumble cupcakes into crumbs. Press all but 1/4 cup crumbs into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch deep-dish plate. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, let the ice cream and sorbet soften at room temperature, about 15 minutes. Spread the ice cream evenly over the crust; spread the sorbet on top of ice cream. (return pie to freezer between layers if ice cream gets too soft). Freeze pie again while you make the whipped cream.
- 3Beat the heavy cream and powdered sugar in a large bowl with mixer on medium-high speed until soft peaks form, about 3 minutes. Top pie with whipped cream, and sprinkle reserved cupcake crumbs around edges.
- 4Freeze pie until firm, at least 4 hours or overnight.