★★★★★ 2 votes5
1yellow cake mix, single layer size
1/2 tsplemon extract
1 pkgvanilla pudding
1 can(s)chocolate frosting
How to Make Quick & Easy Boston Cream Pie
- Prepare the cake mix using the egg, water and lemon extract, following label directions.
- Pour into a greased and floured 8 inch round cake pan (9 inch is too large and causes cake to be too flat).
- Bake at 350 degrees for time indicated on the cake package, or until the center of the cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Cool cake in pan on rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool completely.
- Prepare pudding mix with milk and vanilla and cook according to package directions.
- Cover with plastic wrap to prevent skin from forming on top and cool completely.
- Split layer cake, fill with cooled vanilla pudding, put cake back together and then frost with enough chocolate frosting to cover the top.
- Store in refrigerator.