★★★★★ 2 votes5
- yellow cake mix, single layer size
- 1/2 tsp
- lemon extract
- 1 pkg
- vanilla pudding
- 1/2 c
- 1 tsp
- 1 can(s)
- chocolate frosting
How to Make Quick & Easy Boston Cream Pie
- 1Prepare the cake mix using the egg, water and lemon extract, following label directions.
- 2Pour into a greased and floured 8 inch round cake pan (9 inch is too large and causes cake to be too flat).
- 3Bake at 350 degrees for time indicated on the cake package, or until the center of the cake springs back when lightly touched.
- 4Cool cake in pan on rack for 10 minutes.
- 5Remove from pan and cool completely.
- 6Prepare pudding mix with milk and vanilla and cook according to package directions.
- 7Cover with plastic wrap to prevent skin from forming on top and cool completely.
- 8Split layer cake, fill with cooled vanilla pudding, put cake back together and then frost with enough chocolate frosting to cover the top.
- 9Store in refrigerator.