★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 call purpose flour
3/4 cvegetable shortening or larde (can substitute 1 stick butter)
4 - 5 Tbspice water
How to Make Quick and Easy Pie Crust
- Sift the flour and salt together. Can add 1 tablespoon Granulated Sugar to sweeten dough.
- Add the shortening; pulse the machine on and off until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
- trickle in 4 tablespoons of ice water while stirring until dough just starts to gather.
If the dough seems dry, add up to 1 tablespoon more of ice water, 1/2 teaspoon at a time.)
- Divide the dough in half, forming each half into a thick disk. Wrap each disk in plastic; refrigerate for at least 1 hour to chill.
- Remove half the dough from the refrigerator and roll it out on a lightly floured work surface or between 2 sheets of wax paper to form a circle about 1/8-inch thick and 2 inches larger than the pie plate. (Work quickly, as the dough can become sticky.)
- With the help of a spatula, gently transfer the dough to a pie plate, pressing it lightly into the plate to fit. If the dough should tear, just press it together gently.
- Trim the dough, leaving a 1-inch overhang. If making a single-crust pie, turn the edge under and flute it.