Quick and Easy Peach Pie - Dee Dee's
Diane Hopson Smith
Several years ago, before I retired, a co-worker shared this recipe with me. We were talking recipes at work. When I left work that day I went straight to the grocery store and purchased the ingredients, went home, made this pie and it's been a favorite since that day!
- (29-oz) cans of sliced peaches, drained
- 1/2 stick
- (1/4 cup) butter
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 c
- pillsbury quick pie crust, place one pie crust in bottom of pie plate, save other for top.
- cinnamon and sugar to sprinkle on top of crust
How to Make Quick and Easy Peach Pie - Dee Dee's
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Combine drained peaches, butter, cinnamon, nutmeg and sugar in a medium size pan, bring to a soft boil, reduce heat, simmer 10 minutes.
- 3Pour hot pie mixture into 1st pie crust. Place 2nd pie crust on top. Pinch edge together. Pierce with fork. Brush melted butter on top of crust and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
- 4Bake 30 to 45 minutes in preheated oven. Crust should be lighty browned. If top/edges is browning to much, remove pie from over and cover edges of crust with foil.
NOTE: Mixture is pretty much cooked before you pour in pie crust. You are cooking the pie dough/crust to a nice golden brown.
I don't find this pie to be runny at all but you could add a thickener if desired like a tablespoonful of flour, potato starch or other thickener.