Queen Jeanne's Sweet Potato Pie
2 1/4 croasted mashed sweet potatoes
1/2 cbutter, room temperature
1 Tbspall purpose flour
1 3/4 tsppumpkin pie spices
1 tspvanilla extract
1 tspvanilla rum
25 1/2 oz cans evaporated milk
2/3 cmilk, whole
29-inch unbaked pie shells
How to Make Queen Jeanne's Sweet Potato Pie
- Combine the roasted mashed sweet potatoes and butter. Mixing until well blended.
- Add combined sugar, flour, and pumpkin pie spice; mix well with the sweet potatoes and butter.
- Blend together the beaten eggs, vanilla, vanilla rum, the evaporated milk and whole milk. After this is well mixed add to the sweet potatoes mixture and mix until it is the consistency of pudding.
- At this point you can make you very own pie crusts or use the unbaked pastry pie shells. Pour the sweet potato mixture into each of the pie shells.
- Bake at 425 degrees 10 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature down to 350 degrees after the 10 minutes and continue baking for 50 to 60 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- You may also top this with pecans if you like. I sometimes make caramel pecans to top this pie. This is a delicious pie from my maternal grandmother. Enjoy!!!