Queen Jeanne's Sweet Potato Pie
- 2 1/4 c
- roasted mashed sweet potatoes
- 1/2 c
- butter, room temperature
- 1 Tbsp
- all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 3/4 tsp
- pumpkin pie spices
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 tsp
- vanilla rum
- eggs beaten
- 5 1/2 oz cans evaporated milk
- 2/3 c
- milk, whole
- 9-inch unbaked pie shells
- 1 c
How to Make Queen Jeanne's Sweet Potato Pie
- 1Combine the roasted mashed sweet potatoes and butter. Mixing until well blended.
- 2Add combined sugar, flour, and pumpkin pie spice; mix well with the sweet potatoes and butter.
- 3Blend together the beaten eggs, vanilla, vanilla rum, the evaporated milk and whole milk. After this is well mixed add to the sweet potatoes mixture and mix until it is the consistency of pudding.
- 4At this point you can make you very own pie crusts or use the unbaked pastry pie shells. Pour the sweet potato mixture into each of the pie shells.
- 5Bake at 425 degrees 10 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature down to 350 degrees after the 10 minutes and continue baking for 50 to 60 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- 6You may also top this with pecans if you like. I sometimes make caramel pecans to top this pie. This is a delicious pie from my maternal grandmother. Enjoy!!!