Pumpkin Pie (that makes its own crust)
I plan to make this for Thanksgiving.
1-15 ozcan pumpkin puree
1 cdiary free vanilla flavoured milk of your choice
2 Tbspmelted butter or dairy free substitute
1 Tbsplemon juice
2 Tbspgluten free all purpose flour blend
1/2 cpacked brown sugar
2 largeeggs or flax gell or chia seed gell
2 tsppumpkin pie spice or 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg + 1/2 tsp. ground cloves
How to Make Pumpkin Pie (that makes its own crust)
- Preheat oven to 450'F Grease a 10 inch pie pan.
You can make this 2 days ahead but keep it in the fridge.
- Mix together the liquid ingredients in one bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients and slowly pour the dry ingredients into the liquid ingredients.
- Stir until completely mixed together.
- Pour the pie batter into your pie pan leaving about 1/4 inch between the batter and the rim of the tin. It's going to get higher as the crust forms at the bottom. If you have any left put into greased ramekins.
- Smooth top with the spatula.
- Place pie in preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes, then lower the heat to 375'F and bake for another 30 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean.
- Serve with your favourite whipped topping.