Potluck Apple Pie
1/2 capple cider
1/3 cmaple syrup
2 Tbsplemon juice
3 Tbspbutter, unsalted
5 lbapples (about 10 large) peeled cored and cut into 1/2" slices
1egg white lightly beaten
How to Make Potluck Apple Pie
- Whisk cider, syrup, lemon juice, cornstarch and cinnamon until smooth, set aside.
- Heat butter in large skillet over medium-high heat, when foaming subsides add apples and cook stirring 2 to 3 times for about 5 minutes. DO NOT FULLY COOK APPLES.
- Remove from heat, add cider mixture, gently stir to coat. Set aside to cool while you prepare the crust.
- If using "store bought crust," roll out and fit together, trim so that it's approx 2" larger than your pan. You can use trimmings for decorations if you want to.
- Pour apple mixture into 9x13" pan and fit the crust on top, flute around edges and brush with beaten egg white and sprinkle with sugar.
- Make several vent slashes and bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Serve warm or room temperature with ice cream.