POM-Cranberry Angel Pie
- eggs, separated
- 1/4 tsp
- cream of tartar
- 1 1/3 c
- sugar, divided
- 1/3 c
- pom-cranberry juice
- 2 Tbsp
- lemon juice
- (8oz) container non-dairy whipped topping, thawed
- drops red food coloring (optional)
- 1 c
- whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp
- powdered sugar
How to Make POM-Cranberry Angel Pie
- 1Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- 2Grease a 9” glass pie plate (or spray with cooking spray).
- 3In large bowl, beat 4 egg whites with cream of tartar until stiff, but not dry. Add 1 cup sugar slowly until stiff and glossy.
- 4Spread meringue in pie plate, making a “well” in the center for the filling.
- 5Bake at 300 degrees for 1 hour. Turn off the heat and leave crust in oven for at least one hour or, preferably, overnight.
- 6In small, heavy saucepan, whisk together egg yolks, POM-Cranberry juice, lemon juice and 1/3 cup sugar. Heat over medium-low heat until mixture thickens and starts to bubble. Remove from heat and transfer to a large bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and bring to room temperature.
- 7Fold whipped topping into POM mixture; add a few drops of red food coloring, if desired. Spread into pie shell and cover with plastic wrap. Chill for several hours.
- 8When ready to serve, whip whipping cream with vanilla and powdered sugar and spread over the top of the pie. Garnish with fresh pomegranate arils if available.